The Royal New Zealand Armoured Corp (RNZAC) Association was registered as an incorporated society in June 1994 and since then has strived to be a focal point for all RNZAC personnel both retired and serving.
At present the Association has a single active Branch based in Canterbury, with other Members throughout New Zealand. The Association uses the monthly Canterbury Branch Newsletter to communicate both with it's Members, but also with the wider group of serving and retired "Black-hatters".
The success of the Association depends on the voluntary work of a number of members. The Executive Committee conducts meetings to make decisions and implement the priorities of the membership.
The following are priorities for the Association's Executive Committee to focus on and maintain and include:
- Maintain and update the website.
- Control and manage the Association finances
- Organise and support National Reunions
- Manage projects of importance e.g. The Oral History Project
- Support Branch or Troop activities including Cambrai rememberances.
- Foster relationships with like organisations, e.g. The Mounted Trooper's Association (MTA)
- Maintain a national database of members
- Be a POC for the Colonel Commandant and the Regimental Colonel
The RNZAC Executive Committee currently comprises:
President - Len Haynes
Secretary - Bruce Tweedy
Treasurer - Mike Sheppard
Members - Ian Bolton & Alan West
Member - Alan Baker - Canterbury Branch Rep
Colonel (Retired) Trevor McComish, RNZAC
Colonel Glenn King, RNZAC